Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm not a lady

Whenever anyone uses the word lady to describe someone else I instantly think of Audrey Hepburn. To me she is the epitome of what a lady is and when someone uses that descriptor I compare that person to Audrey.

If we are making comparisons to Audrey I sure don't make it to the cut of lady.
I don't dress up every day. I actually almost never dress up.
I burp and say bad words
I tickle Ross and say unlady like things.
I drink and I let loose unlike a lady.
I scare kitties.

I sat down next to Ross and told him that sadly I'm not a lady.
He said "you're enough of a lady" and that makes sense to me.

I feel that need to look pretty and be polite and nice but I love that freedom to be brave, wild and crude. Ross gives me that freedom, I give myself that freedom to do stupid things and dress in pjs all day if it pleases me. I can fix cars or bake cookies or make a mess or sleep in till afternoon and that is okay. I'm a lady enough. I don't stress myself out trying to be anything more than me and sometimes I just have to remember that is good enough.

2 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

I agree.

dee said...

true, and i'm a trully supporter of dressing in pjs all day XD